The City of Rushmore combines the jobs of City Clerk and Treasurer into one position. The clerk-treasurer is the administrative office of the City and is responsible for the proper adminstration of all affairs of the City. She also serves as the link between City Council and citizens.
The office of City Clerk for the City of Rushmore provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the City Council. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the City of Rushmore City Clerk-Treasurer.
- Privides information and assistance to the public
- Processess all utility billing
- Supervises the City's expenditures and revenues
- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits City Council meeting minutes
Current City Clerk is Coleen Gruis.
136 N Thompson Ave, PO Box 227, Rushmore, MN 56168